Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Yeah for Carrie Prejean!!!
I wanted to stand up and support Carrie Prejean, who was Miss California for the Miss USA contestant. When she got a difficult question from Perez Hilton about gay marriage-she stood up for her beliefs stating that she believed that marriage should be between a man and a woman. I am so proud of this young lady. She knew in that moment she would lose the crown that she had worked so hard for. She did end up as 1st runner up but she is getting much criticism for what she said. Well, I am here and happy she did stand up for the sanctity of marriage. I believe in loving everyone but when it comes to marriage just like others that oppose me can have an opinion, I feel like I should have a right to one myself. Perez asked her opinion and she gave it to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At the beach in San Francisco
During our Christmas visit to CA, we went to Baker's beach to take some photos and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Welcome...
Yes, yes, we realize we're jumping on a bandwagon....but come on, it's just so much fun! How else can you turn yourself or your family into instant celebrities?! Or make everyone else think you have a perfect life...
Anyway, welcome to our newest addition! It doesn't cry or need attention. And no diaper changing. Whatever we tell it to do, it does (until the computer crashes). And we can sleep in on Saturday.
Well, life is good. We live in Connnecticut. You know, the place about which Glenn Close's character in the Stepford Wives said, "Where in America could a whole town of robots go unnoticed? Connecticut!"
Allan is working as a Landscape Designer and Corinne is working as a Singer/Dancer/Actress! We have the greatest church ward this side of the Mississippi - lots of big active families and our chapel is only 2 miles away. Allan serves as the 11 year old primary teacher and Blazer leader, and Corinne is the YW Personal Progress Leader. There are hundreds of young people in our ward, so it's busy!
Browse our recently added pictures, slideshows, and posts. We'll do our best to keep it updated.
Anyway, welcome to our newest addition! It doesn't cry or need attention. And no diaper changing. Whatever we tell it to do, it does (until the computer crashes). And we can sleep in on Saturday.
Well, life is good. We live in Connnecticut. You know, the place about which Glenn Close's character in the Stepford Wives said, "Where in America could a whole town of robots go unnoticed? Connecticut!"
Allan is working as a Landscape Designer and Corinne is working as a Singer/Dancer/Actress! We have the greatest church ward this side of the Mississippi - lots of big active families and our chapel is only 2 miles away. Allan serves as the 11 year old primary teacher and Blazer leader, and Corinne is the YW Personal Progress Leader. There are hundreds of young people in our ward, so it's busy!
Browse our recently added pictures, slideshows, and posts. We'll do our best to keep it updated.
The parade!
There is a big balloon parade put on by UBS, and they set everything up just outside our balcony -- cool!
The big parade
Corinne getting some new friends in Connecticut.
3 comments:
I totally agree with you! Go Carrie! I was cheering for her as well after her answer. You go girl!
I agree! Did you hear the cheers from the audience???? The news said there were boos. Our news is so biased. love, momm
I know. I was so proud of her. It would have been easy for her to lie or not answer the question fully. She would have won for sure. But she did the right thing and stood up for her beliefs. Shes my new Hero! Thanks for writing about this.... I think everyone should praise her instead of put her down like the media!
Post a Comment