Monday, April 20, 2009

Update: Katie and Jake, Moving, Sushi and more

Hello everyone,

So March was crazy for us it was busy and fun all at once. Katie and Jake came and visited us with their sweet baby Emory and it was a blast. We had a chill time and just enjoyed the non-stop entertainment that Emory brought. We can't wait to see them again! 

Then the very next weekend we moved or rather shifted apartments. We are still on the same floor but we now have a pool/courtyard view verses the street view we had before. We moved so we could get cheaper rent. It is pretty dumb but they made us move just to get cheaper rent and it is the exact same apartment layout. Crazy big box apartment companies-but it is a better location and it is cheaper so I guess we got the last laugh. We also painted a couple of walls and it just makes me feel like I customized it a bit. Man, paint can make a world of difference.  So that took up the rest of March because I wasn't just going to shove everything back I went through basically every scrap of paper and tried to get rid of at least 30% of the stuff we had. I think I reached my goal it was an early spring cleaning and I suggest it for everyone. DO IT!!! GET RID OF THE STUFF HOLDING YOU DOWN-ORGANIZE!!!! And get a labeler (I swear by it).

Allan's birthday was also in March and I surprised him with breakfast in bed and b-day candles on the pancakes! Then I got Allan (more for me probably) a Wii Nintendo. We got just a few of the standard games and then we got Super Mario Kart which is the best game! Paul is the one who introduced it to us and it is fab.  So we have just been living life.

Just on Friday my Personal Progress leader companion of sorts is from Japan her name is Keiko and we had a fabulous dinner. She taught us how to make California rolls-Yummy. Of course, I wasn't the best at rolling them but guess who was? Allan, he is so exact and made the rolls perfect. I think Keiko was pleased with him. Way to go Allan so maybe when we visit some of you we can try to make you all sushi. Then Allan had to work on Saturday but I still went to the beach in Greenwich with some friends in the ward. It was so fun and just nice to get to vitamin D from the sun since the winter has been so bad this year. Yeah for Sun! 

Then on Sunday Allan bought me a Japanese Maple tree for our porch with some pansies to put underneath it so we planted it yesterday it is beautiful and the tree has red leaves.  

So that's the update for now. Sorry no pictures but I am a bit impatient with loading a million pictures lately. 

Ta Ta for now. 

P.S. Sorry for all the colors that is what happens when you are in Young Women Program. haha

3 comments:

Paga and Baga said...

Great post, and I loved the colors! I am counting on a Sushi lesson. Love, Momm

Katie C Kirkham said...

And so you're back...from outer space! We missed you. Bet your new pad looks digalishious! (woah what!?)

Miss you like crazy. Awesome job on YW. Kisses.

THE UDYS said...

It is about time you had an update on your life!! Sounds like you are ejoying life and getting a lot of fun and new experiences! Keep them coming!

At the beach in San Francisco

At the beach in San Francisco
During our Christmas visit to CA, we went to Baker's beach to take some photos and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Welcome...

Yes, yes, we realize we're jumping on a bandwagon....but come on, it's just so much fun! How else can you turn yourself or your family into instant celebrities?! Or make everyone else think you have a perfect life...

Anyway, welcome to our newest addition! It doesn't cry or need attention. And no diaper changing. Whatever we tell it to do, it does (until the computer crashes). And we can sleep in on Saturday.

Well, life is good. We live in Connnecticut. You know, the place about which Glenn Close's character in the Stepford Wives said, "Where in America could a whole town of robots go unnoticed? Connecticut!"

Allan is working as a Landscape Designer and Corinne is working as a Singer/Dancer/Actress! We have the greatest church ward this side of the Mississippi - lots of big active families and our chapel is only 2 miles away. Allan serves as the 11 year old primary teacher and Blazer leader, and Corinne is the YW Personal Progress Leader. There are hundreds of young people in our ward, so it's busy!

Browse our recently added pictures, slideshows, and posts. We'll do our best to keep it updated.

The parade!

The parade!
There is a big balloon parade put on by UBS, and they set everything up just outside our balcony -- cool!

The big parade

The big parade
Corinne getting some new friends in Connecticut.

Trip to Washington DC Aug 2007

Trip to Kauai May 2006