We went to visit Jake and Katie down in Atlanta, GA for Labor Day weekend. It was great to see their new home, Jake's Law school, the hospital where their first baby will be born very soon! The trip was very relaxing and it had some cool highlights. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.
Katie in their great apartment! So cute!
Jake on Sasha!
Sasha up close.
Allan on Sasha enjoying the ride.
Katie and Jake already were all moved in. I was so impressed with how organized they were the house looked amazing.
Allan getting the instructions from Jake.
Me with the Vespa helmet. So cool.
We went to Stone Mountain. It was so fun it is basically what the name says...it is all flat around and then this massive smooth stone pops out of no where and is like a mountain. In the stone an engraving of some of the civil war heroes are carved. One of them is Stonewall Jackson-which I found out from my Mom that I am related to. The south is such a different world. Everyone gathers here and then when it gets dark there is a laser and fireworks show. It was really cool, however, in the middle there was a whole tribute to the confederate flag! It was so funny the south is really not over the outcome of the war. Anyway, it was fun and we had a wonderful picnic.
Allan and Jake with the wall.
Allan looking very pleased.
Me, Allan and Katie (and baby Emory)
I just thought this girl was terribly tragic. It's like how did she end up doing this all summer.The view from our seat.
We went to World of Coke too! This was really funny because I have never had a coke in my entire life! This place had some major propaganda...you could leave this place thinking that Coke is the solution to all the worlds problems! But it was really fun.
Allan with Katie and Jake in front of the syrup tank.
An original Rockwell painting that features a coke bottle.There is one at the bottom of her dress and on on the table. There are many more Rockwell paintings on display at the world of coke.
At the end of the tour you get to go to the tasting room. There are all these columns and each one represents a nation and all the coke products that are there. You can taste up to 64 coke products. I found a few favorites and most of them were from Latin America. There were some real nasty ones from France. It was fun to watch peoples faces.
I guess it wasn't enough sugar because after world of coke we went to Johnny Rockets and got some burgers and milkshakes!

3 comments:
Perfect tribute to a perfect weekend! Doesn't it take FOREVER to upload all those pictures. My hats off to you. We just miss you guys soo much! hahahaha.
P.S. That picture of Allan and I at the end of the Coke Factory....I NEVER NOTICED HOW MUCH WE LOOK ALIKE....HOLY HANNAH!
Countdown to Christmas...90 days!
Looks like a really great weekend!! Glad you guys had a ton of fun. I want to go to the Coke museum. I should have hopped on the plane!!
I second Katie's comment--Katie and Allan look a lot a like!! That is pretty funny.
Looks like y'all had a great time in Atlanta! The coke museum looks fantastic as is the tribute to cousin Stonewall! You have more than a little southern blood in your veins.
Post a Comment