So this weekend we did a staycation and went to The New York Botanical Garden! It was fabulous! The gardens were very well done and the weather was beautiful. We had a great time and Allan had so much fun looking at all the plants-we both learned so much.
This was the entrance to the children's garden. This was so great different families could basically adopt a plot. Anyone who visits can help weed, water or plant. It was very cute and there was even a garden bunny that all the kids were in love with. I felt bad for the bunny because he was surrounded by children everywhere he looked.
These are some of the plots.
Allan is so strong-he totally split this rock in half!
This hedge was cool each one of the openings had benches you could sit in.
There was this whole walkway that had all the peonies in full bloom!
This one was our favorite!
Pretty in Pink!
The spring here is so beautiful the green is finally here again! That tree looks so cool.
This was inside the conservatory. This was a part of the bulb exhibit. I learned that a bulb back in the 1600's was so valuable that families would give up their entire estate to obtain just one bulb.
Do you see the bee? We saw so many nice honey bees enjoying the peonies.
This vine was so crazy. It was called Jade vine-probably because of the color. I have never seen that color on a plant before. So cool.
These were in the rain forest section of the conservatory. I thought they were cool.
Here is Allan in the dessert section of the conservatory. He is trying to be a cactus! It was really fun in the dessert section because the environment is controlled I felt like I was back in Utah...it was really weird not feeling the humidity.
The orchids!
One of the beautiful gardens!
Yeah for POPPIES!
Yeah for fountains!
We love spending time together!
My birthday did start at 6:30 AM with what Allan called bringing the store to me. I wanted a Puma bag for work and so Allan gave me this huge box full of 8 Puma bags that I could choose from. That was awesome-I really did have a whole store full of Puma bags on my bed! So fun.
3 comments:
Wow, the gardens look amazing! Your dad wants to go there when we come out this summer, though it will probably be hot. I'm glad you had a happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got spoiled rotten..every girl deserves a day all about her!
The botanical gardens looks like an amazing place and perfect place to spend a spring day! I'm glad you have a husband that spoils you on your birthday or even remembers it is your birthday cherish him! Glad to see all is going well!!
Post a Comment